"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life."

-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

Monday, July 6, 2009

A Very FUN Summer

Okay, so the summer came with a fun start. First I was a graduate from High School, and then two days after I graduated my family headed on a vacation! We went to Nauvoo, Illinois! It was way fun. We also visited Carthage Jail, Winter Quarters, Mount Rushmore, Bear Country USA, some friends of my dads in Indiana, The Mississippi River, we went to St. Louis, Missouri for Six Flags, we also got to do baptisms in the Nauvoo Temple! The vacation was way fun, but there was a ton of driving in the van, which we were all tired before the trip was over. Once we drove for 16 hours straight! That was a killer! Before ending the vacation our last stop was in Idaho for my cousins homecoming.


At the Mississippi River & The Nauvoo Temple


The family at Mount Rushmore

After our long 11 day vacation, my mom and Krista went to a very wet girls camp (it never stopped raining). And I got to stay at home with Evan, Micaela, and Kelly all day while my dad was at work. I even cooked the meals! Amazing, I know. Krista and my mom came home from camp a day early because of the rain.

The week after girls camp I had a horse show! It was really fun, Daybreak and I did a great job and we placed in everything except for the barrels, we hit the time-light and didn't get a time, but that's okay, we'll do better next time! :)

That's pretty much all that has happened since school got out. I work as a PRN (on call) at the Nursing Home in Tooele, and I worked for the first time this summer last week! YAY, but I am trying to get a job soon where I will work more (hopefully).

I only have 9 weeks until I will be getting settled in at BYU-Idaho! I am so excited and very nervous at the same time! I am rooming off campus and with complete strangers! Scary!!!! :/

So right now, since I am not working I have decided to start making the Christmas present that I need to make my mom for Christmas. Sorry, I can't say what it is, because if my mom reads this that would ruin the surprise!

3 comments:

  1. Yuck! I would hate to drive so long. Eleven hours is long enough to get to Utah and back home let alone 16!

    Don't worry about living with strangers. I knew none of my five roommates (beyond a few vague emails) and after two weeks it feels as if I've known them forever! I absolutely love living with them and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm sure it'll be the same for you. How many roommates will you have? Are you close to campus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Becci's comment. And sounds like you have had a great summer so far. What are you going to do with Daybreak while you are at college?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have 5 roommates, a total of 6 with me. I only know their names, but I have no way of contacting them. Where I am staying is as close to campus as I can get without actually being on the campus! I live just North of the stadium.
    Daybreak will be staying home in Lake Point while I am at school. I don't have the money to take her up with me and board her up in Idaho. I also don't think that I would have the time to ride her with the classes that I am taking. But I will be riding her whenever I come home.

    ReplyDelete