The day started out at 10:00; my roommate Amy made breakfast for everyone. Then at 11:00 we went to the church house where the Ball was held and practiced all of the dances that we would be dancing that night.
We learned 3 dances that were from the Regency era. The first dance was called 'Hole in the Wall' it is from the movie 'Becoming Jane'. The next dance was 'the Northanger Abbey dance' from the movie 'Northanger Abbey'. The last dance is called 'Mr. Beverages Maggot' from 'Pride and Prejudice' (it is the dance the Lizzy and Mr. Darcy dance together).
After dance practice, which ended at 1:00, everyone went home to do homework and whatever else they needed to do. I worked on my math homework, but didn't get all of it done. Julianna did my hair, she did it so that it looked like they the hairstyles in Jane Austen's time.
This is how Julianna did my hair for the Ball.
At 7:00 the Ball started, we all got our pictures taken and then started dancing. The would tell us what dance we were going to be dancing and then everyone would get organized into lines to dance the dances. I danced with Josh, Julianna's escort, Dan, Megan's escort, and Robbie, Heidi's escort. I had a lot of fun! Jamie and I even learned how to play Whist, an English card game.Left: Amy, Lindsey, Jami (Me), Kristen (in back), Megan (in front), Heidi, and Julianna.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOFps_Naytg
The Movie is So wonderful! I love Mr. Darcy and Mr. Thornton!
The night was so much fun! After the Ball was ended and all of the decorations taken down, we had a big group picture, and there were a lot of people in our group. I hope you like the pictures.
Our Jane Austen Yule Ball Group!!!
In front: Dan and Megan.
From left to right: Josh, Julianna, Kirsten, Ethan, Lindsey, Nick, Robbie, Heidi, Ray, Amy, Jamie, and Jami (me!)
In front: Dan and Megan.
From left to right: Josh, Julianna, Kirsten, Ethan, Lindsey, Nick, Robbie, Heidi, Ray, Amy, Jamie, and Jami (me!)
.jpg)
Oh.my.word. That looks like so much fun. I would have loved to be there. Have you read "Austenland" by Shannon Hale? You would love it.
ReplyDeleteLove the costumes (especially yours and Jamie's). Glad the neckline turned out! And I second the motion that you would love Austenland. It's quite the hilarious little novel by one of my favorite authors. Really cute stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteOh and I absolutely loved you hair. Your roommate is a genius!
ReplyDelete