"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life."

-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beginning of the Spring Semester

On Saturday, April 17th, I moved back up to BYU-Idaho! I am living in a completely new apartment with completely new roommates. The plus side of all of this is that I know four out of my five roommates! My roommates are all wonderful! They are fun and have a way of making me feel comfortable when I would otherwise be really nervous and shy.

Today we went to the first fireside of the semester. Elder Chambers, of the seventy, spoke to us. He talked about prayer and how we should follow the patterns of prayer that the scriptures give us; specifically 'The Lord's Prayer' that Christ gives us in the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount. He also taught that we should have faith when we pray; that we pray with faith and real intent of heart. He also said that we need to avoid repetition and pray with a desire that inspires the effort for us to do our part. Lastly he spoke about the prayer of gratitude; that we should express thanks for all the Heavenly Father has done for us, and also for those things that don't go the way we want them to. It was really an amazing talk.

I am way excited to be back up here in Rexburg, especially since the weather is so nice. I am making new friends and coming out of my shy shell more. This next semester should be a fun one; I am taking more classes that go with my major (which is Elementary Education), Kelly is up here going to school also (so I am not totally alone without family), and I have some amazing roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment