"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life."

-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Change of Senery

Fall 2010 semester has officially started. I am now a sophomore in college and am loving the college experience, minus the homework. I am living in Royal Crest with my cousin Hayley Yates. I am having so much fun and am so glad that Hayley is up here with me.

I was originally taking 17 credits, but was feeling a teeny, tiny bit stressed out so I dropped one of my classes and am now down to only 14 credits. I am feeling a lot better! I am taking an Early Elementary Field Experience class, where I get to go and help out at an elementary school. I am also taking Elementary Geometry, Personal Health and Wellness, English(critical thinking/writing), Book of Mormon 2, and Motivation and Management.

My roommates are all really great people. Although it has taken a while to adjust to them and get to know them. Unlike the other apartments I have been in, this apartment has been the hardest one to adjust to and bond with my roommates, excluding Hayley! :) In fact, I was having such a hard time that I got homesick again. A sophomore! and I'm homesick!!! I couldn't believe it! But I'm better now, and have gotten to know my roommates better.

My ward seems like a great ward. Everyone is really friendly and nice. I have met several people and they are all really nice. Tomorrow we are having FHE at the Bishops house, which I have never had happen in my other wards. The Bishopric is very nice and they want to get to know every member in the ward; I like that about this Bishopric, it makes it seem more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment