So off and on over the past year my mind has wondered over the idea of serving a mission. Well, that is no longer just an idea... It became a fact just after this last April General Conference. Some of the talks really influenced my decision;
Elder Johnson, in the Sunday Morning session, said, "Growth cannot come by taking the easy way."
Elder Chirstofferson, in the Sunday Afternoon session, said that we need to willingly accept and receive direction/correction from the Lord.
And Elder Uchtdorf in the Sunday Morning session said, "God hears and answers the prayers of His children"
Through these talks the idea of going on a mission solidified. And then the Tuesday after General Conference I was on Temple Square, after having done baptisms for the dead. There were several sister missionaries walking around and I stopped a companionship to ask them what made them decide to serve a mission. I can't exactly remember what they said, but I do know that what they said helped me to fully decide to go on a mission.
Just this last week I started filling out my mission papers. I am so excited to be able to go out and preach the Gospel to the world. I am taking a mission prep class this semester and it is by far my favorite class that I am taking. I can submit my papers in the end of June and should, hopefully, be getting my call in the beginning of August!
No comments:
Post a Comment