This week has been a great week! On Tuesday for devotional Elder D. Todd Christofferson came and spoke to us, along with his wife. Sister Christofferson talked about the importance of listening to and heeding/following the promptings of the Spirit. Elder Christofferson talked about how it is a privilege to be a missionary and that it will be a blessing in our lives. He also said that we are companions with the Apostles. But the thing that stuck out most to me was that he said, "don't worry; the joy of Christ will bear you through any trial and challenge". He also said that it is alright to feel nervous and concerned, but to know that this is the work of Christ and that we don't have to do this alone. It is God that carries our burden with us. Also that day we met with our TRC investigator for the first time. Our investigator is Alexandre Paul. We went in knowing that he likes to ask questions, but we didn't know how hard those questions would be to answer. We are trying to find answers to his questions, but it is hard.
On Wednesday we met with our TRC inactive members, Judy and Bob. our meeting with them went a lot better than our meeting with Alexandre. They were so willing to do anything they could to have the comfort of the Spirit in their lives again. We also got our Travel Itinerary today. I report to the travel office at 1:30pm on December 5th. My flight leaves the Salt Lake Airport at 5:00pm. This means that I will be able to write you that day as well as call you at the airport. i fly from salt Lake City to Los Angeles, California where I have about a 3 1/2 hour layover. I will probably call you there when I am just waiting. then I fly from California to Auckland, New Zealand; i will have a 3 hour layover there and then I will be flying to Wellington. i arrive in Wellington at 11:30am on December 7th. I will completely skip the day of the 6th because of the time change. I have tried to figure out how many hours I will be flying, I think it is around 15-20 hours, but I can't be positive.
MTC District with our flight plans
Thanksgiving day was amazing! We had a Thanksgiving devotional where Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife came and spoke to us. Sister Nelson talked about how we need to live our life after the manner of the Lord, not after the manner of men. She also talked about how we should follow exactly what the Lord has commanded us to do; and how we should follow Nephi's example and live our lives after the manner that the Lord will show us. Elder Nelson says thank you to the families of the missionaries. he talked about how after all we can do, the Lord will make up the difference. he also told us to do the very best that we can do and the Lord would provide the rest. Today we also did a humanitarian project. All of us missionaries put together 8,000 injury kits. it was really fun. Then that night we were able to watch a movie for a special Thanksgiving program. we watched 17 Miracles. There are also Christmas lights on the MTC campus, it is wonderful.
Christmas lights
Sunday my Zone President, President Palmer, talked to my district about leaving next week. in Relief Society, President Brown, of the MTC, talked to us about how to be successful missionaries. he gave us 9 things that will help us be successfu, but the one I liked the mos was the he told us to do the best that we can on our mission so that when it is over we wil have NO REGRETS.
I am continuing to learn so much and to grow with each passing day. I have made several friends that I hop will be friends for life. i have also finally met some Elders that will be flying out with me, only two of the 8 others I will be flying with, but still. they are very nice, and one of them was the Elder that we met before I even went into the MTC, if you remember him.
I am so grateful for everyones love and support. I am doing well and am loving the work. Until next Monday.
Love,
Sister Jami Huffaker
P.S. You didn't get me Grandma Huffaker's address so I am sending you the letter. Please mail it to her. Also, could you please tell me how much money is on my debit card? and if there is not at least $200 please put some on it, I have to pay for my luggage at the airport and then will be reimbursed at the mission home. Thanks!
Me & Sister Fisher
Sister Williamson & Me
Me & Sister Maynard
Me & Sister Thorne
No comments:
Post a Comment