It's good to hear that everything is going well at home. I'm glad that Megan's homecoming talk went well. Wow, two weddings in two weeks! Is Grandma going to be able to get two quilts done in time for the weddings? I'm glad that everything is well with dad and that Becci is continuing her mission papers, I hope that all ends up well with her too. Grandpa and Grandma's gravestone sounds like it looks beautiful - but Grandma, you better still be there when I get home.
The weather here has been off and on. I can pretty much expect to see at least 3 seasons in one day, Spring, Summer and fall. in Winter I hear that it hails a lot instead of snow, i think I would rather have snow than hail - but hopefully I am transferred before winter comes here in June. But lately it has been pretty warm. although i always carry around a jacket with me just in case it gets cold or starts to rain, which is common.
Transfers are this Thursday, but I am staying here in Invercargill. I will be getting a new companion - Sister Cameron, I hear that she is from Australia. But that's pretty much all I know about her. invercargill is being moved back to 4 missionaries instead of the 6 that we have because there are 8 missionaries stuck in the states who are waiting for their visa's to come through - apparently New Zealand has made it harder for people to get work visa's.
The headaches have gone away, but now I have a cold. I went to sleep the other night with a slightly sore throat so I took everything I could to make it so that i wouldn't get sick, but when i woke up in the morning my throat was a lot more sore than it was when I went to bed. i got a blessing that same day and the soreness has gone down, but now I am just stuck with a slightly sore throat and a cold... I hate being sick - especially when I have to ride a bike.
This week we had exchanges. this time sister Hemi went up to Dunedin, I stayed in Invercargill and led the area. My companion for the exchange was Sister Dowe, she is from Tasmania, Australia. She is just finishing her first transfer in the mission field. She is a wonderful sister. We got a long very well, she reminds me a lot of Sister Hogg, my companion in the MTC. It was a very good exchange, she will be staying in Dunedin so I hope that I will be able to exchange with her again this next transfer.
Okay, so about those baptism dates that I told you... they are all scheduled for the end of March or beginning of April. peter, whose baptism date is April 7th, has come to church twice and loves it! He is already talking about his baptism date and what is going to happen. We still have quite a bit to teach him, but he is ready to hear it and he really wants to be baptized.
Things have been going well, I am really looking forward to getting my new companion. I hope that everyone has a great week. i have been trying to attach some pictures from this week. On our way back from exchanges we drove through the Cattlans and got to see Nugget Point and one of the waterfalls. i will try to attach them and send them in a separate email, hopefully it works.
Love,
Sister Jami Huffaker
On one of the hikes in the Cattlans
The waterfall the we saw, I can't remember it's name because it was really weird and I couldn't pronounce it but it started with a P.
Riding the only horse that I can for the next 15 months, a statue horse
At the Ngahooro's house - Phaedra Ngahooro, Me, and Sister Dowe
Standing at Nugget Point, it was a beautiful view!
No comments:
Post a Comment