"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life."

-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Presidents Day!

Hey Family!!!

Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good time back in the States!  I'm glad that things are well there.  Dad, I don't know how much people go camping here.  I do know that a lot of people go camping over the Christmas Holiday, but I don't know where any good camping places are because I have only stayed in the towns.  Mom, most days I don't get homesick - especially when we have a lot planned during the day and we are busy - but there are still days when I get terribly homesick, I'm thinking it will be that way my whole mission.  Sunday's, Mondays, and Tuesdays always seem to be the hardest days for me in trying not to be homesick - but I am able to just live with it and continue through the day.

this last week Sister Hemi and I have been very busy.  On Monday after p-day was over we went down to Bluff for dinner and a visit with Gaylen, we were going to teach her about the restoration for an FHU lesson but we felt like we should just talk with her and get to know her a little more.  We learned that she was a member of the church, but she still has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith as a Prophet.  We are working with her to help her become a member again.  She doesn't want to go to church because she doesn't feel very accepted by the members so we are also trying to work on that, but it's going to be hard.

On Tuesday when we went to Janette's to visit her she wasn't home but her son told us that she was just down the street helping her sister and nephew mow his lawn.  We went over and helped out - his lawn was very long and it took us a good 2 hours to finish both the front and back lawns, which is very small compared to our yard.  Plus we were using two lawn mowers.  But I enjoyed myself.  Later in the week when we were able to meet with Janette again we taught her the restoration.  She took it really well and said that she believed it.  She also told us that she was quitting smoking - we were surprised because we hadn't mentioned anything about the word of wisdom yet, we had just barely started teaching her!

Saturday we had two dinner appointments, our first one was with the Kerr's, our regular Saturday dinner appointment.  Our second one was with Wayne and Barbara, Barbara is an inactive member and Wayne is her partner (they are not married) and is not a member.  We made Buttered Chicken for dinner, it is an Indian food.  Normally Indian food is really spice by Wayne didn't make this one very spicy - which I was very happy for.


Dinner at Wayne and Barbara's

Yesterday (Sunday), we had two of our investigators come to church!  Sara Moeau and Peter Marshall both came to church and they both seemed to enjoy it for the most part.  There were also 4 people from Utah who were there visiting and writing a book about ther great great grandfather who served a mission here and actually ended up dying here in New Zealand.

Anyways, I hope that things continue to be well at home.  Let me know how Dad's doctor's appointment goes on Tuesday.  By the way, how is Becci doing?  I hope that everything is okay with her and everyone else in the family.  I hope that Krista had a lot of fun in Rexburg with Kelly and Jessie.  I miss you all and love you heaps.

Love,
     Sister Jami Huffaker

Standing if front of the "Jesus Loves You" sign that is at some church at the end of Center Street

No comments:

Post a Comment