"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life."

-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf-

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

Hey everyone!! it was SO good to talk and see you on Saturday (Friday for you).  It was hard to say goodbye, but now I can look towards mother day to talk to you again - I hope it comes quickly!

It sounds like everyone had a good Christmas.  Sorry I didn't email yesterday.  It was Boxing day here (where everyone goes shopping for the after Christmas sales) and the internet place was closed.

On Christmas day it was really warm and sunny here, although it was a little windy.  i went to church, all the missionaries sang int he choir because there are only like three other people who sing in the branch - and you thought that our ward choir was small!  Anyways, after church we went to President McNab's (he's the branch president) house and spent the day there.  We had a good Christmas dinner and I opened my first Christmas Kracker? (I think Kelly will know how to explain them), but they are these things where you pull on them and the krack or pop and inside is a hat, a small toy, and a joke.  they are pretty fun, just for giggles.

Sister Hemi talked to her family and she opened her package from her family while she was skyping.  in the package was a small present for me, her family (sister) gave me a bone carved necklace that says CTR on it.  it is really pretty and it fits my personality perfectly!

Yesterday we went shopping, but I didn't get anything because I'm not really a big shopper, as you should know.  but I am going to try to get a little something for you at home as a small late Christmas present from me.  but you probably won't get it for a while.

I hope that everyone is having a good time at the Bingo party at Grandma's today!  And that Kelly and Jessie's wedding tomorrow is wonderful!  I wish I could be ther!  But I con't so you will just have to take pictures and send them to me so that I can enjoy their day (late of course) with them.

I hope that all is well at home.  I pray for you everyday.  Also thanks for the pictures dad!  I love to see what is going on at home!

Love,
     Sister Jami Huffaker
All the sisters in the South Island at Christchurch for Christmas conference (back) Me, Sisters Holladay, Moantau, Hemi (front) Sisters Fetu'u, Tailasa, Posola, Tito

Our Santa Claus-Christmas tree in our flat



No comments:

Post a Comment